The Inline Speed Control Pig (SCP) safely and effectively cleans 30” to 56” high velocity pipelines through active speed control technology, maintaining operator-specified speed without a reduction in flow. Redundant odometers provide accurate real-time speed and distance measurement, while advanced sensor technology records differential and pipeline pressure, temperature, orientation, and product bypass percentage. The SCP also includes a 22HZ transmitter for tracking capabilities.
The Speed Control Pig sensors monitor changes in operating conditions and gather useful data points such as:
- Speed of Tool – up to three odometer data sets
- Distance traveled
- Inertial data (Impact/Rotation/Pitch/Roll/Yaw/Vibration)
- Pipeline Pressure
- Pressure Differential
- Vane Opening
- Gas flow velocity (derived from data)
- Definition of low spots (derived from data)
- Battery usage
The ability to collect this data will allow you to focus inspection resources where they are needed most and maximizing on other benefits such as:
- Reduced Fuel Costs – a clean pipeline delivers natural gas more efficiently
- Increased Customer Satisfaction with higher quality gas delivered
- Reduced Maintenance Costs such as filter replacements
- Proactive Contaminant & Debris Removal to minimize the breeding ground for corrosion
Inline Services has designed and manufactured the Speed Control Pig with the highest quality components available to withstand and perform within the harsh pipeline environment.
- Designed to clean high velocity pipelines without costly interruptions in flow
- Pig speed is reduced to a specified, safe and efficient rate
- Variable bypass suspends debris and contaminants in turbulent flow ahead of pig and delivers to the receiver.
- Reduced velocity prevents hydroplaning over liquids and debris
- Onboard electronics record pipeline data including differential and pipeline pressure, temperature, orientation, and bypass percentage.
- Provides towing capability for ILI tools lacking speed control.
- Versatile body design allows for onsite re-configuration of pig accessories for cleaning, gauging, liquid removal and chemical disbursement, among other application-specific builds.
Speed Control Tool Specifications
|36"||42"||48" - 56"|
|Tool Weight||1,600 lbs||1,900 lbs||2,200 lbs||-|
|Min Bend Capability||1.5D||1.5D||1.5D||1.5D|
|Minimum ID in Straight Pipe||24"||29"||34"||-|
|Minimum Gas Flow||300 mmcfd||400 mmcfd||500 mmcfd||-|
|Maximum Gas Flow||1.0 bcfd||1.6 bcfd||2.0 bcfd||-|
|Lithium Battery Life||112 Hours|
|Shock Sensor||1 x Vibration 0-25g|
|Accelerometer||1 x Tri-Axial; -3 to +3g|
|Fail Safe Activation||1 - 8hrs|
- Proven to be a more effective pipeline cleaning and maintenance tool for higher gas flow velocity pipelines
- Particularly justified for cleaning high gas volume pipelines without having to reduce gas flow
- Enhances pipeline integrity – having the cleanest possible pipeline avoids less than satisfactory ILI results and the risk of missed or miscalled pipeline anomalies
- Provides a controlled tool speed platform for add-on Pipeline Evaluation Tool options
- Provides a platform vehicle for alternative pipeline cleaning methods with either multiple cleaning discs and wire brushes or Prostran cleaning brushes for coated pipe
- Promotes Safety – provides cleaning tool movement and trapping at safe and manageable speeds.
- Easy to launch, retrieve and clean
- Easy to track due to a predictable tool speed, on-board Transmitters, and Magnetic or Geophone tracking response
- Capable of long distance pipeline runs
- A tough, rugged and durable pipeline tool with proven survivability
- Provides a service based alternative to the pipeline operator buying and maintaining cleaning pigs
- Provides speed control for towing a broad range of maintenance or ILI tools
- A clean pipeline lowers risk and offers compliance with any regulatory cleaning requirements
- Peace of mind; a clean pipeline is safe and environmentally friendly.